Thursday, July 1, 2010

POP!

*Day 211*

I make Logan ride his bike to work with me in the summer. It's really not as bad as it sounds. He actually got really pouty the other day when I told him we were driving. It's not a punishment for him. So, we rode our bikes over to Lynn's yesterday. Diego brought his bike too. Logan and Diego brought their bikes into the backyard to ride them. Later in the afternoon we were out by the bikes trying to get a toy out of the tree. All of the sudden we heard a big bang. I looked toward the sound and saw a puff of dust come from near Logan's bike. So we went to investigate. And...... Logan's bike tire popped. It was just sitting there all by itself and then his tire exploded. The tube and the tire had holes in them. I guess it got too hot for Logan's little bike. Maybe it's all right. I was noticing while he was riding that his knees come within an inch of his handlebars when he rides. Yesterday he was also pointing out that his seat was bending in half. I was planning on getting him a new bike. Now, I'd rather get him a new bike than fix his old one. I wonder if he planned this just to speed up the bike buying process. Hmmmmm?


Logan's Spiderman bike. Farewell friend. You have served us well.


This the hole in Logan's tire. It must have been really hot yesterday. Oh, yeah, it was.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A heat-induced tire blow out! Definitely a hot day!

    ReplyDelete