Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

*Day 213*

It's my mom's birthday. I'm glad I have her. (I'm glad she had me!) I don't remember ever going through that phase when I didn't like my mom. (She might remember differently?) But, I think I've always appreciated my mom. Of course I've learned through the years to appreciate her for different reasons and my appreciation for her has grown. And hopefully I have learned to show my appreciation better than maybe I did when I was younger.


I am glad I have the mom that I have (not that other mothers are bad...). I am so grateful for the way she raised me and the things she taught me. She was always supportive of us. (How many of your moms' have run up the big hill in Sugarhouse park?) She is a great example. She is a hard worker and doesn't shy away from any task. She's willing to help others. She's sensible. She's a good teacher. She shares her love. She can do pretty much anything you need her too. And I still ask her to help me with plenty of things.

Thanks for everything mom! I wouldn't be who I am without you. Hope your birthday was great. I love you!


Logan picked out a compass for my mom. He giggled while she was opening it. (I'll try to keep him from picking out another for Christmas and your birthday next year. He thought it was so funny.) When we were in Montana last month, my mom got turned around. She kept asking which direction we were going. There were days when she just couldn't get it straight. Of, course, we teased her about it. We also joked about getting her a compass. Logan is a good listener when he wants to be. So, enjoy the compass! ( He also picked out some bracelets.)

1 comment:

  1. That was a beautiful tribute to your mom!Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete