Monday, July 5, 2010

Sunday Confessional: Crafts

*Day 221*

There is a room in our house that has been titled "the craft room". In reality it is more than that. Yes, my craft supplies are in there. But so are the holiday decorations, old baby clothes, toys, and furniture, the ironing board, emergency preparedness items, camping stuff and anything that doesn't fit anywhere else in the house. Well, in my efforts to clean and better organize my house, I was led to the craft room. As I stood there overwhelmed and wondering where to start, I realized something. (Here is the confession part.) I am just a craft supply collector. I want to be crafty. I like doing crafts. I have good intentions about finishing (or starting) projects. But, the truth is, I don't get around to it very often. So, I realized that for all my love of wanting to be crafty, at this point in my life it has got pushed so far down the list that I am just a craft supply collector. It's really a shame because if I actually used some of my supplies, my room might be less of a mess. *Sigh*

Sorry no picture. I thought about it, but I would be way too embarrassed for anyone to see that mess.

1 comment:

  1. My mom has her own craft room, and like yours it is also where everything else seems to end up being stored. She affectionately calls it the "CRAP Room" instead of the craft room.

    ReplyDelete