Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Eric!

*Day 228*

Eric is my big brother. Wait, all of my brother's are bigger than me now. Eric is also my older brother. Eric is the reason that I always wanted a boy first when I had kids. I wanted my kids to have a big brother who would watch over them and protect them. Eric did his fair share teasing us, but he was the only one allowed to tease us. He was ready to beat up any body that tried to mess with us. There were some boys in the neighborhood that were giving us a hard time. Eric taught me where to kick on their bikes to knock them right over. I think I even tried it once. It worked.

I remember Eric would go out running to get in shape for wrestling. He was nice enough to let me tag along. I wasn't as fast as him, so he would tell me to cut off the circle and he would catch up with me. I remember one time I had a really bad side ache. He sent me on a route shorter than the one that he was doing, but one where he kept crossing my path. We always ran at night, and I know he did this so he could keep and eye on me and make sure I was OK.

Eric has also been great with Logan. He was going through some rough times when Logan was born, but he would come over to hang out with Matt while Matt was home taking care of Logan and I was working. I know (that on some days) it helped Matt a ton to have Eric there. I remember coming home one day. I opened the door and they were both sitting on the couch. Matt had the video game controller and Eric was holding Logan. I was glad that there was someone there to help my boys through hard times. Someone who loved my son, and still likes him enough to tease him when he sees him.

I'm glad that we got to spend some time with Eric for his birthday. (But, sorry for the circumstances.) We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment