Saturday, July 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Josh!

*Day 226*

Today my nephew Josh turns 20. Josh was my very first nephew. He's the one that made me an aunt. I was.... oh, wait a minute, I was going to tell you how old I was when he was born. But, if you can do math, then you'll be able to figure out how old I am. And since this blog isn't about me.....

It's fun to be an aunt. You get to play with the little kids, and have fun. But you don't have deal with them at bedtime or when they're cranky, or when you don't want to. I loved being an aunt from the very beginning. It was really fun to watch Josh learn and grow. And he was such a cute little kid. Now, he's a pretty funny big kid. (I just don't know if I can call him adult. I mean, I remember him as a baby.) You Turkey! (Inside joke, maybe a blog for another day.)


This is Josh wearing my running shoes when he was 2. I felt so proud when he went home and told his mom that he wanted "a little pair of Nike's". I felt like I was being a good influence on him. That made me feel like a good aunt. Hopefully I'm still a good aunt and have a good influence on all of nieces and nephews.

Hope you have a great birthday Josh!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you - I love being an uncle, because I can be fun and cool and not have to raise or discipline my nephews and nieces! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete