Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Rules

*Day 229*

I remember my mom telling us this rule when I was young. (OK, maybe it's not really so much a rule as just good advice. But, I tell the kids I work with that it's a rule.) "Never put anything smaller than your elbow in your nose." (I add ears in there too, just to be safe.) Maybe there's a reason she taught us this. Listen closely kids, and learn something here.

When they were kids, unbeknownst to anyone, my mom's little brother put a dried bean up his nose. But, he couldn't get it out. So, he just left it, but didn't tell anyone. Well, soon, his mom started to notice that he had a weird stench to him. And he was having a hard time breathing. So, she took him to the doctors. The doctor found the bean and took it out. But, the bean had started to sprout! Maybe watermelon seeds won't grow in your belly, but a bean will grow in your nose. And, that, children is why you never put anything smaller than your elbow up your nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment