Saturday, May 1, 2010

Snow Soccer

*Day 150*

Logan had a friend over to play this morning. We went to the park and they played outside. Then it was time for Logan's soccer game. It started raining just minutes before we left. It's been raining off and on for days, so I liked our chances. By the time we got to the park it had stopped raining. Great! But, that didn't last. It started sprinkling, then raining, then sleet, then snow, then sideways snow with wind. Then it stopped snowing and started raining again. Then the rain started to let up. Then, it actually stopped. That's when the game ended. Awesome! The worst 1 hour of weather the whole day, and we spent it at the soccer game. You just don't get any luckier than that.

But, I learned some things. I need to prepare better for cold weather. We never had this situation last year. He had games cancelled because it was bad weather all day so, we only played on nice days. I took the umbrellas and a blanket, just in case. Now I know I need more extra blankets, better coats, gloves and hats. Hot chocolate wouldn't hurt either. And I learned I need to prepare Logan better too. He could have used some gloves. Well, now we know, so we'll aways be prepared for anything. Because the game must go on!

I also learned to appreciate my parents. They were always so supportive of all of our activities. I know they've sat through plenty of games and track meets in that kind of weather. Now I know what it's like watch in those conditions. Thanks mom and dad!

By the way, best quote of the game was the dad who said, "I'm just miserable."

And, I don't have any pictures because we thought we probably had enough pictures of Logan playing soccer. So, we left the camera at home and don't have any of him playing in the snow. Oh, well, I'm not sure my frozen fingers could have operated a camera.

2 comments:

  1. That sucks! Even Steve's game was cancelled today because of the bad weather. I guess they think little boys are tougher than grown men ;)

    ReplyDelete