Friday, May 7, 2010

The Common Denominator of Our Hearts

*Day 156*

I'm a Jazz fan. So, we've been watching the playoffs. GO JAZZ! During the series with the Nuggets, we saw an interesting commercial during one of the games. We laughed. Funny joke. Then it was on again the next game. And during all of them. Maybe it wasn't a joke. But it was definitely cheesy. Check it out!



I love the serious tone. If this only happens "every millennia or so", why do they make it sound like like it happens every year? "This year that person is Carmelo Anthony." The whole, "he can't do it alone, well maybe he can", reminds me of a clip from the Simpsons. (I wouldn't be able to do it justice by typing it, so you'll have to trust me that it makes the commercial funnier.) And the floating head?! But, I love that they call Carmelo the "common denominator of our hearts." Wow! That's cheesy! And they lost to the Jazz! GO JAZZ! So, did someone waste a lot of money here?

Here's a version I like better. And, I think it might be a little more accurate.

2 comments:

  1. Steve and I saw a news story about the ad. They said that Carmelo had it made. He said he would have made a commercial like it no matter what city they ended up playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, Tyler and I were also a little confused by that ad. I like the latter one so much better. GO JAZZ!

    ReplyDelete