Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cookies, Cookies and More Cookies

*Day 175*

Today I've been making cookies for Preschool Graduation tomorrow. I decided to go the easy route and I made cake mix cookies. But, this is a special occasion, so I had to do a bunch of different kinds. Like chocolate cookies with chocolate frosting, chocolate cookies with white chocolate frosting, chocolate cookies with mint chocolate frosting, white cookies with chocolate frosting, white cookies with mint chocolate frosting, white cookies with white chocolate frosting, white cookies with lemon frosting and lemon cookies with lemon frosting. (Hmmmm, I wonder why I need to loose weight. I mean I have to taste test all of them. And that's a lot of different kind of cookies. Maybe I should simplify and make just one kind next time. It wouldn't be so tempting. But, what's the fun in that! I'll just skip dinner.)

In case you ever want to make them, here's the recipe.

Cake Mix Cookies
1 package cake mix (today I used devils food, yellow and lemon)
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil

Mix all ingredients together. Bake for 9-10 minutes at 350.

Frosting
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1 cup melted chips (I tried chocolate, mint chocolate and white chocolate, but not all together)
1 Tbls. butter

Mix until smooth.

Or, if you don't want to bake, but want cookies, just come over to Lynn's tomorrow. But, come after graduation (after 7:30). You just want to come for the cookies and not the show. Really, we will have tons of cookies. Lynn is making them too. Really!

1 comment: