Saturday, May 22, 2010

Weird....but Yummy

*Day 171*

Here is one of our favorite snacks. Doritos with cottage cheese. I know what you're thinking. That sounds weird and awful. But, it's not. I didn't believe it when I first heard it either. I had to try it to believe it.

I remember when. The end of my freshman year in collage. My mom brought the van up to move me and my stuff back home for the summer. We were all packed up and ready to head when my brother-in-law, Jason, offered me a snack. Doritos and cottage cheese. I looked at him like he was crazy and politely declined. I mean it's only a 2 hour drive, I wouldn't starve. Then everyone else in the car protested. My brothers and sisters told me it was good and that I should try it. So, I did. And liked it. I liked it Sam I Am.

Now, it is a family favorite. If I start, it takes a great amount of will power not to empty the bag of doritos and cottage cheese in one sitting. Today I had to take the chips away from Logan so we could have enough to eat another day. Or later tonight.

So, that's the weird snack we love at our house. I think you should try it.

3 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try this and I will report back to you.... Wish I had some cottage cheese right now because I'm pretty hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve introduced me to this snack. And I have to agree, once you start, good luck stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan Loves this, I have yet to bring myself to try it. Maybe I actually will after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete