Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Numbers Preschool Style

*Day 167*

Our kids at preschool quite often have competitions with each other. The most common competition has to do with who the most. Of whatever anyone is talking about at the moment. Toys, movies, videos, socks, crayons, shoes, whatever. If someone is talking about something they have, it turns into a contest about who has the most of them. They all start saying how many they have, all them trying to use the biggest sounding number they can. It usually sounds something like this: Well, I have sixty eighty million twenty hundred forty five nine. Well, I have nineteen hundred infinity sixty seven fifty. (I hope you can read it, I didn't know how to express that in numbers.) Anyway, my point is, they don't use real numbers when they are trying to top someone else. At lunch, some of the kids were having a discussion like this. Here's how it went:

Kid 1: I have seventy billion ninety eight twenty forty.

Kid 2: I have 265.

Kid 1: That's not even a real number!

Kristy: That's the realest number I've heard all day.

Lynn: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!


So, we only work on numbers up to ten at preschool. Can you tell?

(I will let you decide by yourself if realest is a real word.)

No comments:

Post a Comment