Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Candy

*Day 160*

Matt grew up in Canada. He reminisces sometimes about the candy he used to eat as a kid. He tells me about candy they used to have that you can't get in the United States. I've tried some it. It's good! While I listen to him talk about memories of candy, I had one of my own. I remembered the marathon bar that you can't find anymore. The thing I remember about it was it was big, and caramel. I don't even know if it was my favorite. I remember picking it at the store (Grand Central-also something you don't see anymore) because it was the biggest candy bar. I realize now, that it probably wasn't really bigger than any others. It was long, so it was probably just thinner to make up for the extra lenght. The other day I saw this on the internet. So, now I have proof that it really existed, it's not just something I made up.

Marathon Bar, Mars

Year Launched: 1974

What Made It Great: Looped chocolate and caramel. "Lasts a good long time" was the tagline for this braided, sticky, stretchable chocolate-covered caramel. The red and yellow packaging included a ruler measuring its super-sized 8-inch length. While Mars's Marathon Bar is long gone, Cadbury produces the Curly Wurly, a similar candy available in the U.K.

1 comment:

  1. We had the Wigwam and I remember getting them at the little store where my dentist was... probably good for business!

    ReplyDelete