Monday, May 31, 2010

Anhder Reunion: Memories

*Day 180*

Happy Memorial Day!


Grandma and Grandpa Anhder

Most of the memorial days since I've been married have been spent with Matt's family. Memorial day is when they have the Anhder reunion. My mother-in-law was an Anhder. Today I want to share the memories of my first Anhder reunion. I first went to the Anhder reunion when me and Matt were dating. Here are some of the things that I remember about it:
* Me and Matt took his cousins Sam and Brian to play basketball at the park. (I was taller than both of them then. Now, Sam just graduated from high school and Brian is just finishing basic training.) Before we played ball, we stopped at Matt's house. He let me borrow a pair of shorts to play in. When we got back Matt's mom told us that his cousin, Kari, sounded a little upset when she told them, "she's wearing his shorts."

* Matt told me before hand what I could expect of some people. He told me that at some point his Uncle Jerry would seemingly, magically produce a deck of cards and recruit people to play. Sure enough, we were sitting at the table and all of the sudden Uncle Jerry had a deck of cards. I looked at Matt. It was just like he described it. I don't remember if it was this year or a later year when they taught me to play hearts. But it was fun. I had never played before. They thought I would be easy to beat, but I won! Beginners luck.

* This is Matt's favorite memory. He still reminds me and mocks me for it. Matt was teasing me. I told him that he had to catch me. Then I started running away at which point I promptly slipped on the grass and fell. Matt thought that was pretty hilarious. That's what I get for being cocky. Karma!

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Grandma and Grandpa made me tear up! Awesome post... I was wishing more this year than any other year that we could be there... miss you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete