Monday, March 8, 2010

Life at Daycare: Young Love

*Day 96*
Ever since Valentine's Day there has been talk at daycare about certain people being "girlfriend" or "boyfriend". We try to discourage this kind of talk and tell the kids that we're all friends with everyone. But, there were a couple of days that feelings were hurt. I guess Kya and Diego were supposed to be girlfriend/boyfriend. Now, this seems to fit Kya, because she is a real girly girl. I could see her being interested in boys and excited about a boyfriend and all that. (But maybe not at age 4.) One day Kya was upset because Diego held Camry's hand while we were crossing the street on our walk. Duh! That's why you don't get involved with boys!

One day I swa sitting at the table working. Diego was sitting on one of the benches. Kya came and sat down beside him. I just got this sense of 4 year old flirting as good as it gets when she says, "You smell good Diego." And Diego turns to her and says, "That's because I'm chewing gum." I think when Kya noticed me trying to not laugh, she got embarrassed and that's as for as it got. I'm not sure whether she was really trying to flirt or if she was just being nice or observant, or if she was hinting at being offered a piece of gum. I like to picture it as a pick up line and laugh my head off.

On a side note, we think we may have figured guys out. Diego started out liking Kya. But all of the sudden switched to liking Camry. His mom wondered why. We decided that he must like a challenge. Camry could care less if Diego likes her or pays attention to her. Kya, on the other hand, gets upset and jealous easily. So, either he wants a challenge, or he's deliberately trying to make Kya feel bad. I could believe either. Ahh... young love.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how happy I am that Liam's name is NOT mentioned in this entry!!

    ReplyDelete