Saturday, March 13, 2010

Goblin Valley

*Day 101*
I told about our game of hide and seek at Goblin Valley the other day. Here are some of the other higlights of our trip.


Logan piching grandpa with the tongs while we get ready for dinner.


Logan climbed up a hill and couldn't get down. The sand was too slippery. So, we learned that to get down slick hills, we duckwalk.


Rebeccalyn just went with sliding down.


Ants. Logan was fascinated by them. We sepent a lot of time watching ant hills. Logan pointed out every one he saw. There were a lot of them.


Me, Logan, Darrell, Kasey, Alek, Mom and Dad taking a break from our hike. I have no idea what we are all looking at.


We scared a lizard while we were on a hike. It dropped it's tail and ran. The tail really kept moving for a while. I'd never seen this happen before. Kind of cool.


Grandpa and Grandma helped Logan shoot a gun for his first time.


Logan and Rebeccalyn watching us shoot guns. Logan doesn't like loud noises.



This is mom sucking up bugs. The ranger came and showed us how to make these cool bug catchers out of a straw. We were testing them out.


Logan with his smore. He looks very upset that it spilled on him. "What'd you do that for!"


Logan just climbing and having fun in the dirt and rocks.



The boys wanted to take their trucks on a four wheel drive trail. Mom didn't like it at all. She made dad stop the truck so she could get out. She sat on a rock to wait for us to come back. Dad told her we weren't coming back, the trail goes all the way around the mountain. She wasn't even on the scary side of the car. I could n't see the side of the road though my window. We were that close to the edge. And my seatbelt wouldn't lock. I'll trade you places mom!


We found some quicksand to play in when we visited Muddy River.


Aaron's car stuck in Muddy River. It took us about two hours to get it out. You can see the tires on this side. But remember that quicksand we played in on the banks of Muddy River? The river bed was about the same. The wheels on the other side are more than half burried in mud and rocks. We put a dent in the side of Aaron's car trying to pry it up with sticks. Dad's truck got stuck in the sand trying to pull it out. Dad finally changed the angle of his truck and we got it out. Just in time too. If it had taken us any longer, we would have had to leave it because it was going to get dark. I don't know how much it would have cost a tow truck to come all the way up there and get it out. Good photo opp. There was some debate as whether we should try to drive though it. I thought the debate was done when Darrell said, "I'm not going to try it, but I won't stop you if you want to." I've known Darrell long enough to know that if Darrell's not willing to try it, it's a really dumb idea. I've heard enough of Darrell's stories to know that he's tried a lot of stuff in his life. And, he's old enough to be smart about what might be a good idea, and what isn't. All I'm saying is, if Darrell said that to me, I wouldn't have done it. And, I lost my sunglasses in that river while pushing the car out.

No comments:

Post a Comment