Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dinnertime Dilema

*Day 92*

I really don't mind cooking. I really like the end results. What I don't like is thinking of things to cook. I'm not very good at planning ahead so, when I need an idea I need something quick with what I have on hand. Sometimes it limits the ideas. And that's what I don't like about cooking. Now, I do love breakfast. But, I don't get to cook it very often. Logan eats breakfast at school, and Matt usually doesn't eat breakfast, so there's not much point in cooking a fancy breakfast for just me. So, sometimes I try to cook breakfast for dinner. It doesn't always go over very well. Here is one breakfast that I can sneak in for dinner every so often. In fact, I don't think we've ever had this for breakfast.


Country Brunch Skillet
6 bacon strips (we usually use sausage-Logan's favorite)
6 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
3/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teas. salt
1/4 teas. pepper
6 eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Add potatoes, green peppers, onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for two minutes. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned and tender. Make six wells in potato mixture: break one egg into each well. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
(When I cooked the eggs this way, they didn't get done, so I cook them separately.)

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I will have to try it. I love having breakfast for dinner!

    ReplyDelete