Friday, March 5, 2010

Free Frazil Friday

*Day 93*
Today was the first day of Free Frazil Friday. Ok, I'm talking like I've known about this forever. Really, today is the first I've heard about it. There is a little convenience store a couple blocks from our house, and next to Logan's school, The Island Market. I've lived here for several years, and, honestly, I've never been in it. I just don't think about it, and I guess I maybe didn't want Logan to know about it because then he would always want to go there and waste his money on junk like we did when we were kids. I have planned on taking him, because it would be fun for him, but we've never made it. They sell these drinks, called Frazil, that I have never had either. They're like a slurpee.


Ealier today, I heard it was Free Frazil Friday. Every Friday in March is. I guess they do this every year. Well, I was freezing all day today, so I thought maybe I would take Logan another Friday. But, apparently, they made an announcement at school about Free Frazil Friday. And when the three boys I walk home everyday came out of school, they informed me that we needed to go get a Frazil because they are free. I tried to get them to want to go a different time, but they just ran around the corner to the market. So, trying to be the super cool mom and get drinks for the kids on the way home from school, I followed. We fought half of the school, but finally got our Frazil. On the way home me and Logan were talking about how this was the first time we'd been to the Island Market and how we'd never had a Frazil before.

After we got home, he was still talking about his Frazil. Then he tells that it's not the first Frazil he's ever had. I was confused, because I know he's never had one with me before. I asked him about when he'd had one. He told me he had one after breakfast. I needed more information on this. I take Logan and two neighbor boys to school to eat breakfast. Then, according to Logan, they have breakfast recess, and then go to class. Well, today for breakfast recess, they went and got Frazils at the Island Market. Logan told me that kids kept coming in to breakfast with them. So, they somehow decided to go get a Frazil before school.

And I just assume that when I drop my kid off at school every morning, he's going to stay there until I come and get him! Silly me.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I want to fight that mob ever again. One Frazil is enough for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me see if I understand... Logan and his friends went to the market during recess? WOW! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete