Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

*Day 90*

Today is Dr. Seuss's birthday. I love Dr. Seuss books. Even though I'm supposed to be a grown up, my favorite stories are from Dr. Seuss. (Maybe just because I can't make it through "big kid" books.) But, while we were eating green eggs and ham for lunch and quoting the story, I had a flashback to elementary school. Green Eggs and Ham was my first favorite book. I had it memorized. I was in second or third grade and we were at the school library. My first grade teacher came in. She was talking to me and asking me how things were going. Then she asked me what book I was getting. I showed her the copy of Green Eggs and Ham that I was holding. She told me that I could read a harder book than that. I felt really embarrassed. But, I don't think I chose a new book. I just loved that book! And who knows, judging by how often I get to the adult side of the library, maybe she was wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Kristy, you forgot to mention that your first grade teacher came into your 12th grade class and told you you should have picked a harder book! :)

    ReplyDelete