Monday, April 5, 2010

There's Always Room For J-E-L-L-O

*Day 124*


I like jello. But, I don't make it very often. I just don't plan far enough ahead to have it ready when I need it. And, I only like jello if I can eat it with my hands. So I don't make jello with fruit (or vegetables) in it. I make jello jigglers. The only time of year that I make sure that I make jello is Easter. I have molds and we make jello eggs and jello beans. I guess there's something about food in egg form that makes it better. (Like egg shaped peanut butter cups.) Actually I'm sure it's because my favorite jello recipe came with some egg molds that mom got. So, it says in the recipe to put them into the egg molds. So we got the recipe at Easter, tried it at Easter, now I make it every year at Easter. They aren't just plain jello eggs. You use pudding in them. So, they have a creamy texture. It's by far my favorite way to eat jello. And you can eat it with your hands. Here's the recipe if you want to try it.

Creamy Egg Jigglers
2 1/2 cups boiling water
2 pkg. (8 serving size) or 4 pkg. (4 serving size) jello
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg. (4 serving size) vanilla flavor instant pudding mix

Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl until completely dissolved.
Cool 30 minutes at room temperature.

Pour milk into medium bowl. Add pudding. Mix with wire whisk 1 minute.
Quickly stir into gelatin with wire whisk until blended.
Here I would pour it into my egg molds. If you don't have an egg mold, put in a pan or other jello mold.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until firm.

3 comments:

  1. Can you put it in a big pan and then cookie cutter them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had Jello with pudding in them!!!! I guess I will have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, you can cookie cutter them.

    ReplyDelete