Saturday, April 24, 2010

Running

*Day 143*

I ran today! I was excited because I haven't been able to run at all for almost two months. My knees have hurt. I couldn't walk without limping for about three weeks. I've been working on some exercises to get my my legs stronger, but my knees haven't seemed to get better. It's been really frustrating, feeling like I'll never be able to run again. I really want to be in better shape, but that's hard to do if you can't move. So, I was feeling pretty good this week. I even ran across the street to catch up with Matt and Logan and it didn't hurt (too bad). So, I decided I would try to run today. It still hurt, and I was really slow (in fact I'm not sure it could really be considered running, but it felt like it to me). But, I was so in the mood to run and the weather was so nice, I couldn't help it. I was happy to do it. I still can't decide if it was a stupid idea to keep running when it hurts. If it will make it worse or maybe better or if I'm just screwed up for good. Either way, I'll probably keep trying, hoping for the day I can run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment