Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Steven!

*Day 123*
Steven is my youngest and most spoiled brother. (jk) I was 7 when Steven was born. He is the only one of my younger brothers and sister that I can remember as a baby. I remember the day he was born. I remember Aaron having to name him Steven. I remember trying to help take care of his as a baby. OK I remember dropping him on the floor. I was getting him out of his crib for my mom, and when I turned around I tripped over the rocking horse. Don't worry, he turned out OK.

Being able to remember Steven when he was little and watch him grow up was just fun. We all loved Steven. He has always been good at making people laugh and having fun. He's a super talented kid. He's good at every sport he's ever played. The only problem with that is that he didn't stick with cross country. When I was in college, I talked him into running 5K with me. When I came home for the race, he proudly told me that he had run every day that week to get ready for it. I thought that was great, but I also knew that distance running takes time and consistency to be good at. Not just one week. But, he ran a seriously good time for his age. I really wanted to see what this kid could do. When I was coaching, I wanted to recruit him to my school for his senior year. I think he could have been really good. But, that's OK he was good at other things. And he enjoyed them.

Steven is a lot of fun to be around. I love his energy and his willingness to get wild and crazy. He's so good with the kids and will always get down and play with them, and have them laughing. I don't know if that's why I call him Logan half of the time or if it's because he doesn't act like a grown up all of the time. After watching all of the fun he has, I decided that I need to be more like Steven.

And of course, we love to eat his cooking (as long as it doesn't have onions). And he's always willing to help people out. He's just a great little brother with a wonderful family.


This is Steven in Kindergarten. It was one of my all time favorite pictures of him. I thought he was so cute. Can you see the edges? Steven cut it out for me. I loved that about it too. Oh, and, of course, I have to share my favorite Steven Kindergarten story. I'll do the short version. Some older kids were bullying some of the neighbor kids. These older kids were chasing the neighbors and they ran past where Steven was standing. So, Steven put out his foot and tripped them. I just love picturing that.


This is Steven all dressed up. The thing about Steven being the youngest is that we all had our own cameras. So, there are millions of pictures of Steven out there because all of us were taking them. Just like this one, taken after his sisters got to him. But, he doesn't look like he minds. Does he?

1 comment:

  1. That first picture is my favorite too!

    Where are those millions of pictures? I would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete