Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Quote of the Day

*Day 133*

One of the great things about working with children is they say funny and unexpected things. Sometimes it's a misunderstanding or incomplete or out of context. But, it makes me laugh. Here's today's.

We were eating lunch and the kids wanted to have a blessing on the food. Cashae offered the prayer. The very first thing she said caught me off guard and almost made me laugh, but I can't remember what it was. But, it set the tone for the rest of the prayer. She was going along, and asked for the food to wash our bodies. (I'm pretty sure that's her version of hearing someone say "nourish our bodies".) That's when Lynn lost it and had to retreat to the kitchen. I lasted until the very end when she asked to make sure that the "world wasn't crashed into by any other planets in outer space". It was just unexpected. I don't usually laugh during prayers. But, I think that God has a sense of humor, so he understands. I hope.

1 comment: