Sunday, April 25, 2010

Salsa

*Day 144*

Today I made salsa to snack on during the Jazz game. I've eaten homemade salsa that is to die for. I've tried making it myself. But, I just don't quite have the knack for it. Sometimes it's great and other times it's just barely OK. And if I'm going to make salsa, I'm really in the mood for it and I want it to be great. So, I would be disappointed with so-so salsa. I finally found a solution. Now, I make pretend homemade salsa. And we all like it every time (even Logan eats it now. He mostly likes the corn, but oh well). So, I will share with you my recipe for semi-homemade salsa. (We don't eat onions at our house, so that's not included in this recipe, feel free to add them if you need to.)

1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (11 oz.) can mexicorn, drained
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 teas. salt
1/8 teas. pepper
3-4 drops Tabasco sauce (if needed)

Mix it all up. It's tasty!

2 comments: