Thursday, April 15, 2010

Goldfish

*Day 134*


I was reading Logan a story today, and it reminded me of a childhood memory. In this book the Berenstain's Bears pet goldfish died. It reminded me of when I had goldfish. It's a short and sad story.

My best friends brother's fish had babies. There were a ton of little goldfish in his tank. They wanted to give them away. We asked my mom if we could get some goldfish. She said OK. So, we went and got our goldfish and brought them home and put them in a container. We got rocks and shells and stuff for them. We fed them. And, I cleaned the water. I didn't know much about fish. But, we knew we needed to give them fresh water. So, I took all the little fish out and put them in a container. I poured out the old water and cleaned their home. Then I put clean water in, and brought my fish back home. Then, a weird thing started to happen. They all started floating to the top. I asked my mom what was wrong. She picked up the container to look at the fish. Then she said, "You can't put them in hot water!" Oh, I didn't even think about the temperature of the water. No one ever mentioned that. I just turned the water on and filled the container. Whoops! We dumped out the water and got the fish into some cooler water. Some of them made it. But I don't think they lasted very long. It was sad, but, I learned a good lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment