Tuesday, August 31, 2010

When Matt Proposed to Kristy

*Day 271*

For young women's tonight, we had a dating panel.  They invited couples in who had been married for different lengths of time.  They played a version of the New Newlywed Game then the girls asked them questions about how they met and dating and such.  One of their favorite questions to ask is "What's your engagement story?''  They always ask this question.  I decided tonight that I am going to make up a new story every time they ask me and see how long, if ever, it takes them to catch on.  So, if you have any good versions of an engagement story, send it my way.  So, before I make up so many stories that I can't remember the real one,  Here's our official engagement story.  (As I remember it.)


Me and Matt had been dating for about a year.  Summer was coming to an end.  Matt had decided to go back to visit New York.  I was living with my family in Salt Lake for the summer.  Matt told me when he was leaving, and I went to the airport to see him off.  This is before security was so tight at the airport.  I went into the terminal with him and talked with him and his friend and mom (who had driven them down from Logan).  It was about time for them to board the plane.  His mom left.  I was getting ready to leave.  Matt told me he wanted me to stay and watch the airplane take off.  I didn't know why he wanted me to stay, but I said OK.  They went up to the ticket counter and I walked over and was looking out the window.  When Matt handed his ticket to the lady he yelled out, "Kristy, when I get back from New York, will you marry me?"  I said, "OK."  Then he got on the plane and went to New York.  I picked him up at the airport when he came back.  He bought me a ring on the street that he gave me.  Then we went and told my family. 

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about people's engagement stories! And this one was really sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try using my story... that would be something to tell in church!

    ReplyDelete