Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2nd Grade

*Day 258*

Today was Logan's first day of second grade. He liked it. His teacher is nice. He earned a penny that he keeps in a film canister at school. (I'm still not sure what he gets for them.) But, he only has two recesses. But, actually he gets three. He counts the time that he gets to play after he eats breakfast at school as a recess. (Hey, whatever gets you through he day.)

Today was my first day (in a long time) without Logan. My bike ride to Lynn's felt kind of quiet. And now I don't have any excuses to ride in crazy places, try to do wheelies or explore new roads on the way to work. He went to school all day last year, I didn't think it would hard this year. But, this year just feels different. He seems so much bigger and more independent than he did in first grade. I really just didn't anticipate that big of a change from first to second grade. I'm sure I'll adjust. In the meantime, I really hope pennies are motivating for him, and that he will keep doing what he needs to to earn them.

Just for fun, here are pictures of me and Matt in second grade. (He was so tiny.)


2 comments:

  1. Loved the 'flashback' pictures... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little bigger than what thay pic represented. ;)

    ReplyDelete