Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cache County Fair

*Day 245*

This week we are getting ready for the Cache County Fair. Every year we make things and enter them in the fair. This is a tradition that was started by Lynn. Her first husband, Roger, used to enter livestock and other things in the fair when he was younger. When I lived with Lynn and Roger for the summer while I was in college, they encouraged me to enter a dress I had made in the fair. I got a second place ribbon.

When me and Matt moved back to Logan, I was working for the school district and Lynn babysat Logan. Lynn had all of the kids at her daycare do a fair project that she would enter for them. So, Logan entered a truck he had painted in the fair when he was a year and half old. Now, it's a tradition. Every year all of the daycare kids do a craft project and a baking project to enter in the fair.

Lynn told me I should enter stuff too. I didn't want to because I didn't think my stuff was good enough to enter in the fair. But, we canned applesauce together right before the fair. Lynn encouraged me to enter it, and I won a prize. So, I entered some things the next year. Then I learned that everyone that enters wins a prize. Now, I'm not afraid to enter things because I know I'll get at least third place! Now we enter whatever we can; baking, crafts, canning, garden vegetables, lego sculptures......

It's become a fun thing that we look forward to every year. And this week is the week that we are preparing all of our stuff for the fair.


Logan's entries from last year. Canned beans, cookies, painted star, veggies from the garden, and a lego ship. (I didn't know until after we entered it that Matt actually made most of it. Logan forgot to tell me that.) He won enough money to rides some rides at the fair.


Logan's bug collection. He won first prize.



Logan's highlight of the fair last year. He won 1st prize for the biggest zucchini in the junior division. (He talked a whole bunch of smack to his aunt Lynn because his zucchini was bigger than hers.)

1 comment:

  1. I really could have helped Logan out with a bug collection this year!

    ReplyDelete