Friday, August 20, 2010

The Gas Cap

*Day 260*

When I was in high school, I was out one night with my sister and a friend. We had to stop and get some gas in the car. We had driven away when we realised that I didn't put the gas cap back on. (I will take credit because I was the one driving.) So, we went back to get it. But, it was gone! It had only been a few minutes so we figured it would be in the parking lot or something. But it wasn't. We needed to go inside and ask them if it got turned in. We really didn't want to because we felt really stupid. So, our friend said she would do it. (Thanks Robyn!) A few minutes later, she came out with a handful of gas caps! They had a lot that had been turned in and she didn't know which one was ours. So we picked it out, took the rest back and left. And now I know that I don't need to feel stupid if I loose my gas cap at the gas station because I'm not the only one.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I think we have all forgotten the gas cap at one point or another! Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally would have picked the best looking gas cap because honestly, I like to show some bling and I'm sure my car would want to too! :)

    ReplyDelete