Sunday, August 15, 2010

Breinholt Reunion

*Day 255*

Yesterday we had our Breinholt family reunion with my brothers and sisters and their families. It's always fun for me to get together with my family. We have a good time.

We went to the pool at the Young's. They have a great yard with a pool, trampoline, playground, tennis court, basketball hoop, and great scenery (including a deer, a real one). The Young's are people that lived by my grandma Anderson, so my mom has known them since she was little. We started going there with my mom's family. Now there are enough of us, that we go with just our family. (Does that explain it Matt?) We had a diving contest and a slam dunk contest. We relaxed, and some of us got a new hair style. And, of course, we ate. There we so many things I would have loved to have pictures of, but it's hard to take pictures when you're busy enjoying yourself. And I've learned that water and cameras dont's mix. So, even though, we wanted to test out or new camera, we needed to keep our distance from the pool.


Logan getting ready for entry off of the slide. I'm surprised at how comfortable he can feel in the water with the addition of a life jacket. Which he has bruises under his arms from wearing all day.


In an attempt to follow a goal I have to be more like my brother, (just less lazy and more willing to be involved in having fun and not worrying about what people think) I joined in on the diving contest instead of just watching. (OK, really it was more a jumping contest, since I don't think anyone actually technically dove. We just tried to do tricks while jumping.) This is me doing a sweet flip. I'm wondering if that has something to do with my body hurting so much today.


This is Logan doing a super cool move off the diving board. I didn't get to go the reunion last year. I could hardly believe Matt when he came home and told me that Logan jumped off the diving board. Now I have proof. He really did it! Like a hundred times.


This is Matt calling to my while I was eating my ice cream. "Hey Kristy, look at me!" Really Matt? I was eating ice cream! Leave me a one for minute. :)


Y.M.C.A. This originally started during the diving contest. It was significant enough that we thought we needed it in a picture.


Me and Renae were trying to jump ourselves out of the deep end of the pool. But then we got the giggles and didn't have the strength to pull ourselves up.


We finally rolled out of the pool. I'm just glad that Matt didn't take a picture of the in between step when we were half way out, and still laughing. Thanks Matt!


We had a super slam dunk contest. Although Steven seems to be the highlight (youngest child), no one is excluded. This is Logan going in for a dunk.


Ryan (who normally has almost white hair) had some really pretty bluish greenish hair by the end of the day thanks to the intense chemicals in the pool. Mine also turned bluish greenish, just not as dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment