Saturday, August 28, 2010

4-wheeling

*Day 268*

Today we went 4-wheeling with Jennifer and Justin.  I had never been on a four wheeler before, but I was excited to  try it.  I can see why people would like it.  It was beautiful up there.  And it smelled good.  It's always nice and relaxing to be in the mountains.  Usually I hike to explore the mountains.  But, this way, you can cover more ground quicker and see more  than I would be able to hiking.  If I'd have hiked that far, it would have taken all day.  I think it would have been fun, but, really, when would I have a chance to spend all day hiking in the mountains?  So, this is the only way I would be able to see all that. 

It takes a little while for me to warm up to new machines and feel comfortable.  Matt did a good job going up.  We were both a little nervous to go over some of the big rocks on the way up.  But, we made it.  I drove part of the way down.  It seemed a  lot less nervous to go down.  The rocks just didn't seem as big from above.  Or, maybe, we were just getting used to it by then.  Either way, we had a good time.  Thanks Jenn and Justin!

This is Matt when he saw the first hill.  Just kidding.  He's just posing for this picture.  And we're still on the flat road here.  Otherwise I wouldn't have taken a picture, I would have yelled at him to watch the road.

Here we are, just finishing up a great ride.
Part of our travels.
We took a picture of how fast I went.  If you can't tell, that's just over 40 mph.  That's how I proved to myself that I'm not a chicken.  It's a whole lot faster than I got the jet ski going when I tried that.  So, I felt pretty good about myself.
The road ahead, and some storm clouds.  We did get rained and hailed on for a bit.  It was cold, but it didn't last long.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures!! Sounds like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete