Friday, June 18, 2010

Girls Camp Edition: The Porta Potty

I loved girls camp when I was in young women's. We had great leaders that always made it fun. I wish I was as good a leader. Maybe this year I will try to think more like my sister while I'm at camp and make it memorable for the girls. This is one of my favorite memories of girls camp.


I think I was only a beehive because Lynn was at camp this year. Lynn liked to shake it up and have fun. We would play harmless pranks and get involved in feuds and stuff. This particular year Lynn found out that the Stake leaders had brought up their own port-a-potty to use. Only the stake leaders had one, and only the stake leaders were using it. Lynn thought it was unfair that they should have a port-a-potty when we had to use the stinky outhouses. So, she decided that we should steal it. So, that's what we did. We employed the help of a girl in our ward (Jennifer Brozovich) who was a stake youth leader. She helped us find where they were keeping the port-a-potty and took us up there. When she went go to into the tent, someone was already in there using it. After that they figured out what we were planning to do. (Long story short) They tried to get it out and hide it a car. We saw and made our move. There was a fight for the potty. Then the lady yelled, "It's going to spill!" We let go and moved out of the way. I don't know if that was true or if she just said it to get us to let go. Either way, they got the potty safely into a car where they could keep it safely locked up. But, we got away with the toilet seat. We counted that as a victory. We figured they couldn't us it without that. Then, we rode around on the outside of our leaders suburban shouting, "Ha ha we were naughty, we stole your port-a-potty!"

On second thought, maybe I don't want my girls acting like that. After all, I am a leader now.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you decided to STEAL something at a church camp... screw commandment number eight, right?!?! Just kidding- that's awesome and I totally agree, they shouldn't have brought it unless they planned on sharing!

    ReplyDelete