Monday, June 7, 2010

Clyde

*Day 187*


This is one of my favorite pictures. I don't know if it's because it has Clyde in it or just because of the memories it reminds me of.

Clyde is our van. I remember when we named him. And It was the perfect name for our van. And it stuck. We all called him Clyde afterwards. I've tried to name other cars, but I've never been able to come up with the perfect name, so they never stick. (But I think I'm going to name the white car Snowball.) I have a lot of good memories of Clyde. He came everywhere with us. I learned to drive in him. As he got older his radio would go out. But if you hit the dashboard Fonzie style, it would come back on.

In this picture Clyde is offering us shade. We were at Lake Powell. There was no shade at all. In the evening we would crowd around in the shade of Clyde. We started trying to get in the shade over there when there was only a few inches. Eventually we could spread out a bit. I just thought it was funny to group in the shade of the car. Thanks for being there Clyde!

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this post! Made me think of the names we had for some of our cars... I might have to steal this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Steve giving me a ride home from school a couple of times in Clyde. I don't think he had a radio or a heater by that time.

    ReplyDelete