Thursday, June 17, 2010

Girls Camp Edition: Hiking

*Day 197*

When it was time to go on our hike my first year at girls camp, I decided to go on the longer hike with the older girls. We were packing our lunches and getting ready to go. I was the only one going on the long hike that had a backpack, so all of the girls asked me to carry their lunches. So, I did. I packed up all their lunches in my backpack. (OK, so maybe they were taking advantage of me because I was a first year, and they didn't want to carry their own lunch. But, just read on. I get them in the end.) We would hike up to the top of this hill we called Mount Baldie. It was called that because it was just rocks at the top. We climbed up all the rocks and got the top. Then we decided to go back down to the meadow below to have lunch. So, we started down the rocky slope, and I tripped on a rock and fell. But, I didn't just fall, I rolled, probably not all the way down, but a ways. Yep. I rolled down the mountain with every ones lunches in my backpack. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment