Wednesday, June 2, 2010

1st Grade Program

*Day 182*

Today we went and watched Logan's 1st grade class do a program. The class planned it. They decided what they each wanted to do and what songs to sing. It was really cute. They sang some songs they learned this year. Logan participated in a "Reader Theatre". He was the sun.

Robin: I am a robin. I am the first sign of spring.

Bud: I am a bud on a tree. I am the first sign of spring.

Tulip: You are both wrong. I am a tulip. I am the first sign of spring.

Grass: No, no, no! I am a blade of grass. I am the first sign of spring.

Robin: Let's ask the sun. The sun will know which one of us is the first sign of spring.

Bud: Sun, can you help us? I say that I am the first sign of spring.

Tulip: And I say that I am.

Grass: No, no, no! I am!

Robin: I am!

Sun (Logan): Why are you fighting? It doesn't mater who is first. You are all important! Now let's make this the best spring ever!

All: Ready, set, Spring!

He said his part so fast, but he said it like he meant it. I wondered if he said it fast because he wanted to get out while remembered it. (He went up without a paper, and didn't read his part.) I thought it was interesting that he was part of this story. Earlier this year he came home and asked if I'd seen any robins yet. Then he started talking about the signs of spring. We watched for them all. He was excited when I told him I'd seen a robin, and when we found buds on the nieghbors flowers.

He did good. It was fun to watch. They were so proud of themselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment