Thursday, October 21, 2010

What's For Dinner?

*Day 322*

It was Logan's turn to make dinner tonight.  Well, we got celery in our bountiful basket last time.  Logan was excited to see it.  He immediately talked about making soup.  In the past we've used our celery to make homemade chicken noodle soup or Greek lemon soup.  I told him we could make soup.  He wanted me to make Greek lemon soup, but he talked about making chicken noodle soup on his night.  So, tonight I asked him if he wanted to make chicken noodle soup for dinner.  He said he did.  So, I got chicken cooking and had him start making homemade noodles.  Then we were getting the veggies out and chopping them up.  Then Logan says, "I just wanted the kind from the can."  Well, that would have given me the whole night off.  He could have handled that by himself.  Sometimes it good to find out exactly what your kids mean when they say something or ask a question.

It was just a couple of weeks ago that I gave him chicken noodle soup from a can for lunch.  He thought it was awesome.  I made his day by buying some at Macey's when it was on sale.  I got a big hug from him when I got home and showed him what I bought.  I thought it was funny that he liked it so much.  But, he admitted that the soup we made tonight was better than the canned kind.  He still wants to eat that canned soup though.  I'll probably save it one of my dinner nights when I really don't feel like cooking.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed. Homemade soup! One of these years I am really going to have to learn to cook things instead of just "warm" them. :)

    ReplyDelete