Thursday, October 7, 2010

Super Slug

*Day 308*

Today on the way to school, Logan saw the biggest slug I have ever seen in my whole life.  It was amazing.  So, of course, I had to catch it and take it to preschool to show my kids.  They were pretty amazed (until Mikell and Ashlynn brought their new puppies for show and tell).  There was talk of seeing what would happen to this Goliath if we sprinkled salt on it, but in the end, Logan had pity on it and released it into the backyard.  After he helped (pushed) it off the porch because it was taking too long for it to get there itself.  Enjoy some picture we took while it was in our care.

It's HUGE!

I have never seen any markings on a slug before.  Aren't they beautiful?  (Please read with sarcasm.)

There was this hole in him.  I think he breaths through it.  It would get bigger and smaller.  There was only a hole on one side. I thought that was kind of weird.   And Jessica is pretty sure that it has eyes on its antennae.  (Yeah, we might have spent a little too much time looking at the thing, but I was just amazed.)

I promise that tomorrow I won't post pictures of the dead rat Matt saw on the way to pick Logan up from school. 

2 comments:

  1. I think the rat that Matt saw was the one Patrick stepped on when the kids were playing night games the other night. Lucky me I have pictures on my phone that he won't let me erase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our neighbor Emily confirmed the rat story. She asked me if it was black and white and it was. Then she said ot was the one Patrick stepped on.

    ReplyDelete