Saturday, October 2, 2010

Logan Time

*Day 303*

Matt was gone at the Priesthood session of conference tonight so me and Logan got to spend some time together.   We went on a bike ride.  (After we fixed his flat tire this afternoon.  And, why can't we get a stupid thorn in a front tire every now and then?  It would be easy to fix the front tire.  No brakes, or chains or gears or any of that crap to worry about.  But, no, it's always the back tire.  And we have had so many flats this year.  All form stupid little thorns.  OK, now I can move on.)  Then we walked over to the Island Market and got a Frazil.  Came home and drank them while we watched TV. 

This is my Logan moment of the day.  We walked out of the Island Market and he wanted to cross the street to watch the water in the canal.  We started across the street, and some dogs that were out next door started running over barking.  Logan panicked right away.  I tried to get him to keep walking, but he just froze.  Soon, he jumping up on me with his drink in hand, and I was trying to get to the other side of the street.  The kid was crying and nearly hysterical.  The girl finally got the dogs back in the house, but it took a while before Logan would let me put him down.  They had to be in the house, not just on the other side of the street.  Then, we were a block from home and there was another dog out on the corner.  This dog is out all the time, so I was able to coax him past it on his own two feet.  Poor kid. 

Logan quote of the day.
"Dad, I  T-I-M-E you." 
(After listening to President Uchtdorf, who said, "Love is more often spelled T-I-M-E."  I was impressed that he heard something from conference.  And that it was funny.  Good kid.)

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame Logan for being nervous/worried around dogs - I still am to this very day! That's cool that he remembered something from a conference talk today!

    ReplyDelete