Sunday, October 3, 2010

Logan's Cookies

*Day 304*

I knew teaching my child to cook would have it's benefits.  I (usually) love it when Logan comes in the kitchen and helps me cook.  I can't wait for the day when he isn't afraid of the stove and oven and can finish something all by himself.  For now, I'll take all the help I can get.  Like today.  Matt wanted some cookies, and I was busy.  So, Logan made cookies.  He can do all of it but put them in the oven and take them out. 

He uses a simple recipe, but he can do it all himself.  He knows where the recipe is, and can measure everything himself.  Really, I was so happy today.  I only had to put them in the oven and take them out.  That's it!  So, here's his recipe.

Cake Mix Cookies
1 box cake mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients together.  Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  We usually add frosting and turn them into "oreos". 

Today Logan used spice cake mix for his dad.  They were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment