Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Dinner

*Day 72*

Whew! It's been busy for a day off. We had our Young Men/Young Women fundraiser tonight. The youth wanted to do something different this year. They decided to have formal dinner for the adults in our neighborhood. They wanted it to be nice and romantic. They took care of babysitting and feeding all of the kids while the adults ate.

I was in charge of cooking; for like 90 people. I was stressing about when to start cooking, so that everything was ready at the right time. And how much to cook so we had enough, but not too much. I didn't realize until the food was cooking, that I was also going to be in charge of how to get this food onto plates and served to people. Small details. Thank goodness our youth were very willing to help. They did an excellent job. We got a lot of compliments, and made some money to pay for camp this summer. The only bad part was that Matt had to eat his romantic Valentine dinner alone because I got stuck in the kitchen. And, his was the last order to be taken. And we ran out, so he was the only person that didn't get what he ordered. Guess what I'm making for dinner tomorrow?

1 comment: