Thursday, February 11, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference: A Parent's View

*Day 71*

We went to Parent/Teacher conferences with Logan today. Nothing too surprising. He's very capable of doing his work. If he can stop talking long enough to focus on it. He has very high scores on all of his content. I wish I would have been prepared going into the conference. It would have interesting to count exactly how many times his teacher said he needed to stop talking and do his work. Of course, he had nothing to say tonight. It's probably the quietest he's ever been in her class. Maybe she really wouldn't mind if we came and sat in class with him.

When Logan was younger, I never would have guessed that he would be a talker. He acted so shy. And he can never think of anything to say if you ask him a direct question. It's hard being a parent and trying to get your kid to behave when you really have no idea what's going on everyday. I guess this is my Karma. Sorry to all the parents I had to deal with when I was teaching.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny? Logan quiet at home and talkative at school. Dax is crazy at home and very well behaved at school... What were you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristy, you should ask Andrea about some our parent teacher conferences, more specifically second grade. Don't worry she turned out just fine; I'm sure Logan will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a perfect student. I was shy, so I never talked, and I always did all my work. I think I afraid not to.

    Andrea's been telling stories of school. It surprised me to hear them. I didn't picture that from her. So, I think there is still hope for Logan.

    ReplyDelete