Thursday, February 4, 2010

*Day 64*

Logan got into his art supplies one night and was busy cutting and gluing. He was busy and I was free, so I just let him keep going. Besides, it's fun to see what he comes up with. He sat under the "craft" table while I was working one day just cutting any scrap of paper or material he could get his hands on. He came up later and served me a whole dinner made of cardboard. This night he was happy to be using the curvy scissors. He was creating, and at first I was following what he was making. Then he added this big black thing. I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be. Trying not to hurt his feelings, I did some probing. I found out that it was a garbage can. That's when I realized that I must not have a very artistic eye. It looks just like a garbage can. I can't believe I didn't see it. I guess I just wasn't expecting him to make a picture of a garbage can. I thought it was a great piece of art. Later I asked why he made a picture of the garbage can. He looked at me and said, "It's a picture of my yard." Duh! He tells me he likes to draw, but not things, just draw. I told him that's OK, a lot of people do that. It's called abstract art. I think a garbage can is pretty abstract. Maybe he's got some talent.

2 comments: