Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chef Logan

*Day 84*

Logan has always liked to help in the kitchen. Maybe because he started going to daycare at my sisters daycare when he was 10 months old. And Lynn in super patient with the children and can allow them to do all sorts of things that would drive normal people crazy. One of those things is cooking. She can handle letting the kids help, even if it turns out to be huge mess. Of course Lynn loves baking, and just wants to pass that skill on to others. So, Logan got to help with cooking at a young age. I try to let him help me, because I think it's a good thing to teach your children. I think Logan just likes it because because he gets to snitch food.

Well, my little brother, Steven, started going to Culinary school. We were way excited for him, and us. Shortly after Steven started school, him and Andrea came to Logan to visit. We were, of course, talking about food. Matt mentioned that he loved Hollandaise sauce, and Steven said he could make it. Well, one thing led to another and we ended up planning a breakfast for Steven to cook for the Cache valley families. Without making this last too long, I will just say that it was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. The food was great, and so was the company. After that Logan took an even bigger interest in cooking. He talked about Uncle Steven a lot. He wanted to be a cook too. And he thought I must have learned everything I knew about cooking from Steven. Like, when I said you can't put metal in the microwave. And Logan says, "How do you know that, did Uncle Steven teach you that?" That was a question I heard more than once. And the other. "Did you use Uncle Steven's recipe?" Every time I've made french toast since Steven did. And, yes, I always use Steven's recipe.

For Christmas when Logan was six, his grandma gave him a chef set. Hat, apron, cookbook, utensils and pans. Logan loved it. His specialty has become scrambled eggs. He does a very good job with them. (There was a recipe in his book.) In fact the other night, I asked him what he thought we should have for dinner. With his sweet look, he said he would make dinner for me. He made scrambled eggs. What a sweet little kid. Now I just need Uncle Steven to teach him to make some other dinners. :) I love that he likes to cook. I love that he looks up to his Uncle Steven too. It's just fun to see him excited about things he's good at.

Here are his smiley face eggs with his favorite; sausage.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute. I never knew Steve made such a big impression on him. We should do breakfast again sometime.

    ReplyDelete