Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love to Hate: NBA Edition

*Day 74*

Kristy must have forgotten that I helped set up her blog which means I know her password. So now I am blognapping her blog and getting a little revenge!

For those that know Kristy well know that she is pretty competitive and that she likes sports. But after being married for 12 years I have come to an interesting conclusion. She is loyal to her teams but I have found that she hates teams more than she loves teams.

For instance, she loves and supports the Utah Jazz. She will cheer for them and watch all the games that she can. But when they are playing a team she despises, she really hoots and hollers. But not for the Jazz, she hoots and hollers at the other team. She loves to hate her opponents. And that hate will continue forever. She still hates the Bulls and how long has it been since Michael Jordan played?

Here are her most hated rivals/opponents. Actually here are just four of them, I didn't have room to list them all! These are in no particular order and forgive me Kristy if I miss one. I am sure you will love the pictures I have chosen.

Michael Jordan
Now Kristy will admit that she does have a little, tiny shred of respect for MJ. But he was a Jazz killer and she will forever hate him for shot. That and his disrespectful Hall of Fame speech where he was all "Me! Me! Me!"

Pau Gasol
Sometimes she will mispronounce his name and call him Gas Hole. But that is probably the nicer of what she calls him. The guy is just ugly.

Kobe Bryant
Kristy hates the arrogance of this player. He is also known as a Jazz killer which definitely makes him a top player to hate. And she hates his smug look he gets when he plays. I tried to find a picture that shows it.

Derek Fisher
She did like him when he was with the Jazz but then he turned traitor and went back to the hated Lakers. Notice a trend here? She hates the Lakers but she does like Kareem. Hmmmm. Go figure.

But to be fair, she does love and support a few players too. There are a special few that she loves as much as she hates the fellas above. Most of them are Jazz men but there are a few competitors that she does like a have a good respect for.

John Stockton
Who out there doesn't like Stockton? She appreciates the toughness and determination of this gutsy player. And the shorts.

David Robinson
The only non-Jazz man to make the list. Kristy is a fan of classiness and Robinson was certainly one of the best.

Matt Harpring
She appreciates Harpring because of his tough play and the ability to make the other player frustrated and mad. Last season it was all about Harpring. All I would hear was "Harpring this" and "Harpring that". I would be more afraid of losing Kristy if he wore Stockton shorts.

Jeff Hornacek
Kristy apparently does not remember that Hornacek was once a Jazz killer when he played for the Suns. She likes Jeff for being a pure shooter and being one of the quiet ones.

So there you have it. Now I will go and change my password and make sure I am logged out when I blog.

* Please refer to comments for blog owner's interpretation. Thank You!

And HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!



And as a bonus, I snuck a banner in her blog!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Matt. First of all I want to say that Matt is the one who comes up with nick names for players. I just laugh at them. Second, I didn't know that I liked Matt Harpring so much until Matt started talking about him all the time. He forgot to mention that he was the one always saying "Harpring this," and "Harpring that." And only some people look good in Stockton shorts.

    ReplyDelete