Monday, February 22, 2010

Life at Daycare: Quote of the Day

*Day 82*

We had our state daycare licensing inspection toady. It's always stressful. They come in and search your house to see if they can find anything dangerous to the children. Then they ask you a ton of questions about how you take care of the children. And then we get written up because they've changed a rule and we are not in compliance. It leaves us wondering why we jump through all of these hoops just to feel like they don't trust you. At least that's how it feels. Sometimes it's frustrating. But today it went great. We had no findings. So, no follow up visit. Yeah us!

The inspector was there and the kids watch her because she's not normally there. They were asking questions about her, and I told them she came to check the house to make sure it is safe for all of them. (OK, so this might not be an exact quote because I can't remember how he said it. I'll give you the jist.) Diego says how glad he is that she came because he's afraid of monsters, and he's glad there's not any here. Man, if she was just checking for monsters, it would me much less stressful.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous ! I don't know any one who has had no findings latley. In fact there is a rumor that they will not leave until they find something wrong. This gives them the excuse to make another visit. So, way to go you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news. I am glad it went well and that my kids were not there to screw it up!

    ReplyDelete