Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Christmas Loss

*Day 29*

This Christmas a sad thing happened. I lost a pair of very special socks. I got this pair of Christmas socks for my 18th birthday. (Yes, I know that was a long time ago.) It was my first pair of Christmas socks. On my 18th birthday I was in California with the cross country team. We went to Fresno to run at the Foot Locker Cross Country Western Regionals. If you didn't know me then, I will tell you that I was a little obsessed with running. Pretty much everything revolved around it. I was excited to be able to finally run at nationals. The race was the day after my birthday. So, for my birthday, my teammates gave me some socks. They were Christmas socks, because my birthday is in December. Well, I decided to wear my new socks for my race the next day. I ran a good race. I ended up 4th place, which was much better than I ever expected to do in that crowd. So, these socks became my lucky socks. Over the years, I wore them in many races. Then when I stopped running, they just became part of my collection of holiday socks. But, this year when I put them on, they ripped a hole in the toe. It was sad to say goodbye to my lucky socks. RIP lucky Christmas socks.


This is me getting my medal at the race. (I'm in the purple shirt.)

1 comment:

  1. How appropriate that you would RIP the toe in your lucky socks!

    ReplyDelete