Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Favorite Christmas Decoration

Day 8

I think this is my favorite Christmas Decoration. It's the same garland that we used as wedding decorations, and that made our first Christmas tree. (See yesterdays blog.) When we got a real tree, Matt attached lights to it so we could hang it on the walls. (But not in a Christmas tree shape.) The thing that makes it my favorite is that this is where we hang Grandma's Christmas ornaments. The most special (in my opinion) ornaments that we have. My Grandma Anderson gave us a homemade ornament every year for Christmas. It was something different every year. And she had one for everyone. All of her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. All made by her. They are some of the most beautiful and original ornaments I've ever seen. She was so talented. I love having them hanging in my house to help me remember what a fantastic Grandma she was.

Beaded Wreath

Pine Cones

Plastis Canvas Cat

Crocheted Ice Skates

Gift Box (Made from old Christams Card)

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet it is something you'd like to leave up all year long...
    That is awesome. I hope that I am that kind of grandma.

    ReplyDelete