Monday, December 21, 2009

The Best Christmas Party Ever

*Day 19*




Christmastime. Busy for so many reasons. I guess I really wasn't worried about that when I planned to get married in the same month as my birthday, which is also the same month as Christmas. As it turned out, Matt's mom and grandma also have birthdays in December. That left Matt a lot to worry about in one month. So, I don't know why he wanted to curse it by saying, "As long as we don't have any kids in December..." Well, when the doctor told us I was due on Christmas day, I laughed. Logan wasn't born on Christmas, he came early enough that we could be home on Christmas. Logan was born on December 22, during the Breinholt Christmas party.

We went to church the morning Logan was born. I came home early because I wasn't feeling well. I was having contractions, but trying to time them was a joke. There was nothing regular about them. Besides I'd been having contractions for three days and nothing had happened. By this time, they were just getting annoying. I tried to sleep, but couldn't manage it. Finally, It was time to leave for our party. I remember I stood up to put my shoes on, and froze. I couldn't move. I heard the doctors voice in my head say, "If you have contractions hard enough to stop you in your tracks, go to the hospital." Matt asked if we should go to the hospital. I said we should go to my mom's and ask them what we should do. Besides, we had to go to the party because we had gifts for the little kids. They would be so disappointed if we they didn't get anything. Matt suggested we take my bag, just in case.

We got to my mom and dads'. My sister, Sherry, and her two boys saw us pull up and come out to help us carry our stuff in. I got out of the car, and froze again. Sherry (who had three children) looked at me and then pushed me back to the car and said, "Go to the hospital." I said something about gifts for the little ones, and went inside. I was inside long enough to get a blessing then we left. I had one more big contraction on the way to the hospital. I looked at my watch to try to figure out how far apart my contractions were. I knew they would ask when we got there. It was 3:56. (Remember this time.)

We walked into the hospital, and I told them I thought I was in labor. So, they took me in to check me. (That's what they told us in our classes they would do.) the nurse checked me. Then she said she was going to get a second opinion. I was wondering what was wrong. Another nurse came in and checked. She said, "It looks like a nine or ten." Well, I guess that's good. I was hoping for a 5 or 6. Then they snapped into action. They said they needed to get us to delivery before my water broke, and that someone should call the doctor so he could be there before the baby was born.

They got us into delivery. The nurse asked Matt if he had a camera. He said it was in the car. She told him he better go get it. While he was gone, he called my mom to let them know what was going on. Everything from then on, went fast. Nurses came in to have me sign papers between contractions. They had to draw blood, again between contractions. She barely finished that. I saw her look up at the monitor and panic. I hear that they have monitors that measure your contractions. I never got see to them. Logan came fast. My family finished dinner and was at the hospital to see him before the doctor finished fixing me up. Logan was born at 4:56. Less than an hour after we got to the hospital.

We got to take Logan home on Christmas Eve. They wrapped him in a stocking. Santa visited before we left and gave him a gift. I don't know how the rest of the Christmas party went. (The only one I ever missed.) But, I hope that it was as memorable for everyone else as it was for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment