Sunday, December 13, 2009

Merry Chirstmas! (Not a typo, sound it out.)

Day 11




We have a boy at daycare named Diego. He's an only child, but he spends so much time with my niece, Jessica, that he calls her his sister. He really likes her. Well, Jessica is 2. She loves me (of course) but she can't say my name quite right. I used to be Tersty. Now I am Kirsty. We're getting closer. Diego's mom's name is Krista. So, Jessica calls her Kirsta. Diego used to get mad at her for saying it wrong, then he decided it was cool to talk like Jessica. So, Diego started calling me Kirsty too. (on purpose, he thinks it's funny.) He did it so often, it must have become a habit. His mom came one morning and told us that he was dreaming when she tried to wake him up. He was talking in his sleep and told her he needed the reindeer. She asked him why, and he said because Chirstmas is coming. We laughed that he got into such a habit that he pronounced it wrong in his sleep! So, I wish you all a Merry Chirstmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment