Sunday, December 6, 2009

Why Logan?

Day 4



This is my son Logan. This is my disclaimer for his name. We did not live in Logan, Utah when he was born. We lived in Salt Lake. So, he's not named after the city. He also is not really named after Wolverine. (Although, I think that Hugh Jackman, who plays Wolverine, is very good looking.) I was teaching school when Logan was born. We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl. We were trying to pick out names for both, but we were having a hard time coming up with boy names we both liked. My students ruined some of my favorite boy names. I couldn't give my own child a name that reminded me of a student I didn't get along with. But, I never had a student named Logan. And, Matt like the name too. So, we have Logan.

4 comments:

  1. I knew Jennifer had always wanted to name a boy Logan. I asked for permission to use that name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy, of coarse I know who you are. There is a whole world of things we could talk about when it comes to daycare. How many kids are you caring for now? I am licensed for 8 though I am only caring for 6 right now. Do you find this time of year challenging? The kids just need their outside playtime and the weather doesn't permit it sometimes. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you met and dated Matt in Logan, and you had lots of great memories (and fun roommates :) in Logan!

    ReplyDelete