Friday, January 29, 2010

What Was I Scared Of

*Day 58*

Ok, so, I'll do real post today.

I enjoyed Jenn's book review. I admire people who are able to get through a "big kid" book, because I'm just not good at it. If I get the chance to read, it usually ends with me falling a sleep. More than once, I've checked books out from the library and renewed them my max 3 times, without finishing them. I know it's sad. I guess it's just not my time in life to be a reader. Maybe someday.

What I do know is children's books. Dr. Seuss has been my favorite since I was little. A few years ago, we came upon Dr. Seuss story that we hadn't heard before. It's called "What Was I Scared Of". It was originally printed in "The Sneetches and Other Stories". I love this story. Now that I'm older I tend to really enjoy the Dr. Seuss stories that have a hidden meaning. Like the Lorax, the Sneetches, and Yertle The Turtle (possibly the best book ever written on the subject of stacking turtles). Anyway, this story has been published (in glow in the dark form!) by itself now. I read it to Logan so much that he asked me not read it anymore. When I finally got Matt to listen to it, he laughed at the pictures, and the story. I never notice the pictures in the books, I'm too busy looking at the words. So, I had to take this one and just look at the pictures. I loved it even more then. I really wanted to scan in the whole book, but I didn't. Check it our from your library, or borrow it from me. Or, on a good day, I could quote it to you.

I will settle on my favorite quote from the book.
"I said, 'I do not fear those pants with nobody inside them. I said, and said , and said those words. I said them, but I lied them.'"

Here's a picture. I chose this one because Matt's post "The Ice Man Cometh" (Day 83) made me think of this book. When Logan got that guy with the ice, this is what he looked like. I'm not kidding!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome... I hadn't even thought to do reviews on kids books! Mmmm, thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my daughters are such readers; I feel like a disgrace. It's not that I don't like to read, I can just think of so many other things I should be doing... like blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guy totally looked like that!

    ReplyDelete